-
Hi Dave,
Well, actually he did.
But, before I go to that, we've talked aobut it and have agreed that the C through G horn cannot load below 1750 cps - it's jsut too small.
Now, the "B" horn is larger, and Jerry has 604B's, and he says they can go down no lower than 1400 cps at the very most.
-
That's funny, you know. I've crossed my 604E's in a few different places, 1st order. At one point the caps I had available allowed the choice of a 1230hz or so point and a 1800hz or so point. The 1800hz point was sorely missing a significant amount of mid-range information (and this was with nothing on the LF), and so I settled on the 1230hz point. No problems and I quite enjoyed it for some time. I have since brought it back up to right around 1500hz, but I won't go back to the 1800hz.
Dave
-
Todd, maybe that's why my copy of Jeff Markwarts spread crossover worked so well. It may have taken the compression driver/horn out of the cut off region.
-
Thanks, Todd.
I'll rest easier when I finally put a pair of Jeff's
xovers into service.
Dave